Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Online Class, Afternoon Class (Starting 1/13/2022)
Feel More Peace!
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
Online (Live Sessions)
This program is helpful to meet the current challenges we are all living with and the stress and anxiety related to a rapidly changing world.
Based on the methods of Jon Kabat-Zinn, Ph.D., the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction program is designed to teach mind and body awareness techniques that help with the physical or psychological effects of stress, pain, or illness.
Offered since 1991, this program has helped thousands of people feel better, sleep better, and cope with stressful situations. Scientific studies from graduates report a more accepting attitude to life’s challenges, decrease in chronic pain, and improvements in concentration and immune system functioning.
To view the pre-recorded FREE introductory session please visit: https://youtu.be/Sk065GbR6sw
Eight Thursdays and One All-Day Session
January 13 to March 3, 2022; 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm PST
All Day Session: Sunday, February 20, 2022; 9:30 a.m – 4:30 pm PST
FEE: $375 + purchasing “A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook”
$50.00 discount to El Camino, Dominican, and Good Samaritan Hospital employees
Partial scholarships available for those with financial limitations.
24 CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS for RN, LVN, LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs
- RN, LVN; 24 CEU hours available – Approved by Board of Registered Nursing Provider #CEP532.
- Course meets qualifications for 24 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. El Camino Health (Provider #1000066) approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs. El Camino Health maintains responsibility of program/course and content.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe the foundational principles, theory and practice of mindfulness
- Describe how the practice of mindfulness can reduce stress
- Identify two physiological effects of stress on health
- Identify two psychological effects of stress on health
- Identify two clinical applications of mindfulness practice
- Describe how mindfulness can enhance therapeutic interpersonal relationship skills
- Identify three mindfulness practices to prevent compassion fatigue & professional burnout
To report grievances, contact Program Administrator Lauren_Johnson@elcaminohealth.org or 650-962-4453.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- When requested, we provide full refund for participant’s who withdraw prior to the 2nd. class. Requests for refunds should be submitted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the beginning of the 2nd class. Refunds will be issued within 5 days of request.
- There are no refunds for individual classes missed.
- Classes cancelled by Awareness Relaxation Training Inc. (A.R.T. Inc.) will be refunded in full no later than one week after cancellation. Participants will be notified by phone or email of class cancellation.
Teachers: Ed Plonka, MD
Online via Zoom interactive conferencing software (free to download and use - Specific Information and link will be sent after registration.
|Program Date (PST)||01-13-2022 1:00 pm|
|Program End Class Date||03-03-2022 3:30 pm|
|Registration Closes||01-20-2022 11:30 am|
|Location||Zoom - Online Interactive Conferencing|