Mindful Way Through Depression, Evening Class (Free Intro 6/28/17)
FEEL MORE ALIVE AND JOYFUL!
This class is based on the 8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction program, developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn, Ph.D. with additional elements of cognitive-behavioral techniques. The goal of this training is to build emotional resilience around the destructive thinking that triggers depressive episodes.
By participating in this class, students may expect to:
- Begin to more clearly identify the patterns of mind that precede a depressive episode and to learn how to intervene.
- Develop an understanding of negative thinking while practicing self-compassion and self-soothing.
- Create a greater capacity to tolerate painful emotions, allowing distressing moods, thoughts and sensations to come and go without battling with them.
- Discover that difficult and unwanted thoughts and feelings can be held in awareness and seen from a different perspective-a perspective that brings with it a sense of warmth and compassion to difficulties.
- Learn to live more often in the present, to be in touch with the experience of being alive.
FREE INTRODUCTORY ORIENTATION CLASS IS ** REQUIRED ** TO ENROLL [DROP- INS WELCOME!]Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 7:00-9:00 p.m.
EIGHT WEDNESDAYS AND ONE ALL-DAY SESSION
July 12 – August 30, 2017 7:00-9:30 p.m.
Saturday, August 19, 2017 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Park Pavilion, El Camino Hospital
Park Pavilion, Room K (behind YMCA building)
2400 Grant Road Mountain View, CA 94040
$350 + $35 materials fee ($35 material fee to be paid directly to instructor by cash or check. Please bring to first class)
$50.00 discount to El Camino Hospital employees
$250.00 if you have already taken this class.
Partial scholarships available
RN, LVN, CNA: 24 CEU hours available – Approved by Board of Registered Nursing Provider #CEP532.
MFT and LCSW: 24 CEU hours available – Approved by the Board of Behavioral Sciences Provider #PCE27092
INSTRUCTOR: Deborah Abraham, M.F.T.
For More Information Contact:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Call: 650 224-1785
|Program Date||07-12-2017 7:00 pm|
|Program End Class Date||08-30-2017 9:30 pm|
|Registration Opens||06-29-2017 1:00 am|
|Registration Closes||07-17-2017 7:00 pm|
|Location||Park Pavilion, El Camino Hospital - Mountain View|