Mindful Way Through Depression, Evening Class (Free Intro 10/16/19)
FREE INTRODUCTORY ORIENTATION CLASS [No Registration needed, please come and learn about the 8-week program]Wednesday, October 16, 2019 - 7:00 pm-9:00 pm
EIGHT WEDNESDAYS AND ONE ALL-DAY SESSION
October 23 to December 18*, 2019 - 7:00-9:30 p.m.
*No class November 27
Saturday, December 7, 2019 - 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
FEEL MORE ALIVE AND JOYFUL!
This class is based on the 8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction program, developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn, Ph.D. with additional elements of cognitive-behavioral techniques. The goal of this training is to build emotional resilience around the destructive thinking that triggers depressive episodes.
By participating in this class, students may expect to:
- Begin to more clearly identify the patterns of mind that precede a depressive episode and to learn how to intervene.
- Develop an understanding of negative thinking while practicing self-compassion and self-soothing.
- Create a greater capacity to tolerate painful emotions, allowing distressing moods, thoughts and sensations to come and go without battling with them.
- Discover that difficult and unwanted thoughts and feelings can be held in awareness and seen from a different perspective-a perspective that brings with it a sense of warmth and compassion to difficulties.
- Learn to live more often in the present, to be in touch with the experience of being alive.
Park Pavilion, El Camino Hospital
Park Pavilion, Room K (behind YMCA building)
2400 Grant Road Mountain View, CA 94040
$50.00 discount to El Camino Hospital employees
$250.00 if you have already taken this class.
Partial scholarships available
RN, LVN, CNA: 24 CEU hours available – Approved by Board of Registered Nursing Provider #CEP532.
MFT, LCSW, LPCC, and LEP; 24 CEU hours available – Approved by the Board of Behavioral Sciences Provider CAMFT #136535
INSTRUCTOR: Deborah Abraham, M.F.T.
For More Information Contact:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Call: 650 224-1785
|Program Date||10-23-2019 7:00 pm|
|Program End Class Date||12-18-2019 9:30 pm|
|Registration Closes||10-21-2019 2:00 pm|
|Location||Park Pavilion, El Camino Hospital - Mountain View|