MBSR Teacher Training
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program
El Camino Hospital
2500 Grant Road, Mountain View, CA 94039
(650) 940-7000, ext. 8745
MBSR Fundamentals in Mindfulness–Based Stress Reduction
Living Inside Participant-Practitioner Perspectives: A Professional Teacher Training Program for those interested in teaching MBSR*
*This program is certified by the Center for Mindfulness at UMass Medical School as partial fulfillment for MBSR Teacher Certification.
MBSR Fundamentals Description
We are pleased to announce a ten-week Teacher Training program in Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction. The trainees meet one Thursday a week (from 1:30–5:00) and later join the regular class as full participant/observers (from 7:00–9:30).
Participants engage in a first-hand experience of MBSR and its methodology. This experiential and interactive program is an opportunity to train intensively in mindfulness meditation as taught in MBSR and explore issues pertaining to its practical applications in a variety of settings. In addition, the MBSR Fundamentals program is also designed for medical and mental health professionals as a beginning step in understanding mindfulness meditation and it's complementary relationship to practicing mindful medicine and psychotherapy.
Please note: The MBSR Fundamental is not meant to be a complete preparation for teaching MBSR and is considered a partial fulfillment for MBSR Teacher Certification. To receive MBSR certification details, please see UMass. Medical Center's, Center for Mindfulness web site for complete details. http://www.umassmed.edu/cfm/training/training-pathways/
Upcoming Program Dates 2019
1) Thursdays, Jan. 3 – March 14 (1:30 - 9:30 pm). This 65-hour program also includes an all day session on Sunday, Feb. 24 (9:30 - 4:30). Please note the first and last classes may go to 10:00 pm. The trainee's meet from (1:30-5:00) and later join the regular class as a full participant/observer from (7:00-9:30).
2) Thursdays, Sept. 12 - Nov. 14. The last class meets Tuesday, Nov. 26 (2:30 - 5:30). This 65-hour program also includes an all day session on Sunday, Nov. 10 (9:30 - 4:30). Please note the first and last classes may go to 10:00 pm. The trainee's meet from (1:30-5:00) and later join the regular class as a full participant/observer from (7:00-9:30).
El Camino Hospital Park Pavilion
2500 Grant Road - Mountain View, CA 94040
Key Elements of the MBSR Fundamentals Program:
- Weekly meetings prior to the regular class sessions with the instructor and other trainees discussing the class, the range of participant's responses, one's practice, and the contextual background of Mindfulness–Based Stress Reduction.
- Discussion about instructing and guiding others in both formal and informal practices of mindfulness as well as time to lead a meditation to fellow trainee's and receive feedback.
- Exploring the in-depth teaching process with fellow professionals in a weekly seminar format.
- Discussion of the professional aspects of this work relevant to the background and career paths of the professional trainees.
- Personal mindfulness meditation daily practice.
- Attended at least one 5 day or more teacher-led silent mindfulness retreat.
- Having taken at least one 8-week mindfulness-based stress reduction program.
$1800.00 plus an additional $180.00 administrative fee. This includes a training workbook and background readings. Partial scholarships available for those with financial limitations.
24 CEU hours available for RN, LVN, CNA, and MFTs, and LCSWs
How to Apply:
Please send resume or CV and letter of intention stating why you want to take this program, describe your past mindfulness meditation experience. How many mindfulness retreats have you taken, if any. Please note that we will be selecting a limited number of candidates and it is on a first come basis. Please enclose the $50.00 non-refundable application fee (this will not be included as part of your tuition, if accepted). Any questions email: email@example.com
Please note that we will be selecting a limited number of candidates on a first come, first serve basis.
Feel free to contact us about the next upcoming program or for any other questions you may have.