MBSR Teacher Training
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program
Held ONLINE: and supported through El Camino Hospital
(650) 940-7000, ext. 8745
MBSR Foundations in Mindfulness–Based Stress Reduction
Living Inside Participant-Practitioner Perspectives: A Professional Teacher Training Program for those interested in teaching MBSR*
*This program is certified by Brown University Mindfulness Center as partial fulfillment for MBSR Teacher Certification.
MBSR Foundations Description
We are pleased to announce a ten-week MBSR Teacher Training program in Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction. The trainees meet one Thursday a week (from 1:30–5:00) and later join the regular class as full participant/observers (from 7:00–9:30).
Participants engage in a first-hand experience of MBSR and its methodology. This experiential and interactive program is an opportunity to train intensively in mindfulness meditation as taught in MBSR and explore issues pertaining to its practical applications in a variety of settings. In addition, the MBSR Foundations program is also designed for medical and mental health professionals as a beginning step in understanding mindfulness meditation and its complementary relationship to practicing mindful medicine and psychotherapy.
Please note: The MBSR Foundations is not meant to be a complete preparation for teaching MBSR and is considered a partial fulfillment for MBSR Teacher Certification. To receive MBSR certification details, please see Brown University Mindfulness Center web site for complete details. https://www.brown.edu/public-health/mindfulness/programs/mbsr-teacher-education-development-and-certification
Upcoming Online Program Dates 2021
1) Thursdays, Jan. 7 - March 11, 2021* (1:30 - 9:30 pm). This 65-hour program also includes an all day session on Sunday, Feb. 21 (9:30 am - 4:30 pm).
2) Thursdays, Sept. 16 - Nov. 18, 2021 * (1:30 - 9:30 pm). This 65-hour program also includes an all day session on Saturday, Oct. 30 (9:30 am - 4:30 pm).
Key Elements of the MBSR Foundations Program:
- Weekly meetings prior to the regular class sessions with the instructor and other trainees discussing the class, the range of participant's responses, one's practice, and the contextual background of Mindfulness–Based Stress Reduction.
- Discussion about instructing and guiding others in both formal and informal practices of mindfulness as well as time to lead a meditation to fellow trainee's and receive feedback.
- Exploring the in-depth teaching process with fellow professionals in a weekly seminar format.
- Discussion of the professional aspects of this work relevant to the background and career paths of the professional trainees.
- Personal mindfulness meditation daily practice.
- Attended at least one 5 day or more teacher-led silent mindfulness retreat.
- Having taken at least one 8-week mindfulness-based stress reduction program.
$2,500.00. This includes a training workbook and background readings. Partial scholarships available for those with financial limitations.
24 CEU hours available for RN, LVN, CNA, and MFTs, and LCSWs
How to Apply:
Please send resume or CV and letter of intention stating why you want to take this program, describe your past mindfulness meditation experience. How many mindfulness retreats have you taken, if any. Please note that we will be selecting a limited number of candidates and it is on a first come basis. Please enclose the $50.00 non-refundable application fee (this will not be included as part of your tuition, if accepted). Any questions email: email@example.com
Please note that we will be selecting a limited number of candidates on a first come, first serve basis.
Feel free to contact us about the next upcoming program or for any other questions you may have.
Bob Stahl, Ph.D.
Please visit our website: https://www.mindfulnessprograms.com